27 October 2012

ELBI


Los Baños, or “Elbi” as we fondly call it, is a place that I consider my second hometown. I have generally lived most of my life in four places: Tagum City (~11 years), Davao City (~4 years), Los Baños (~6), 
Makati (~4).


Carillion and the Fertility Tree

Feb Fair


with friends from Elbi (ay may mga taga-Diliman pala, hehe)


Baker Hall

I have not actually been to this place until I was 16, but it has become extra special to me. Aside from it housing my alma mater UPLB, this place has taught me a lot of things. It taught me how to be independent, how to scrimp my minute allowance, how to earn money, how to become a leader, how to live a simple life and still be extremely happy, how to look at the world in a different perspective, how to love and be hurt and get over the pain altogether. Elbi taught me how to fall in love with music, heck this is where I discovered Jam 88.3, and this is where I fell in love with Sugarfree. Elbi enlightened me on equality, passion, solitude, sexuality, and a lot of different principles that I live by even upto this moment.

In short, Elbi fed my soul. Or wait... it sounds much more sweet in Tagalog, “Binubusog nito ang kaluluwa ko.” This statement is usually mouthed by me or my fellow Elbizens whenever we reminisce that place.

Anyways, I just want to share that whenever I go to Elbi there’s a thousand things that I want to do/see. However, due to time constraints, I only get to do/see a few. In my last visit, I was only able to achieve two.
Well, at least these two tops my list: (1) visit Maam Luna, my college varsity coach; and (2) eat Mer-Nel’s!

Here are some of the pics I took in my last Elbi visit:


with Maam Luna's bunso, Uno

TJ and Uno was frolicking while I was analyzing spreadsheets... sheesh acads!
 


cutie-cute Nonos


went out to buy lunch
piggybacking

Akala nya ang gaan-gaan niya

I still had a fun visit, even if I ended up doing my homework the entire time... Sheesh, Acads!

Mer-Nel's cake for Uno


Junos: "Bakit nyo kakainin yan, pangalan ko yan eh. Pangalan nyo ba yan? Ha?"

Louie Canaria dropped by, then Maam Luna snatched Louie's bronze medal from the World Hip Hop dance contest and showed it off. She's one proud mama. :-)



Can't get enough of the medal!






Waaagh... I can’t wait to go back to Elbi. :-)

And I bought more Mer-Nel's cake. Here's one for TJ, we ate it when we came back to Makati that night.

And another one for my boss, since she just celebrated her birthday. We ate it in the office the following day. :-)

This one is Jap's birthday gift to me and Mat, circa Feb 2010, since we both celebrated our birthdays a month prior

--------------------------------------

Here's Sugarfree singing Los Baños... just sharing.



Elbi Nights - Hemp Republic <<< these guys are amazing!




Picture sources (Top view UPLB and UPLB Feb Fair):

Old.uplb.edu.ph
Virtualtourist.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger